Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Arrival.

I made it to Dakar safe and sound on a giant plane. The flight was long and it was dark when we arrived. I got pretty frustrated when my large piece of luggage with all my clothing did not show up. Then I had the wrong room in our hotel when I arrived, and they forgot about me at breakfast. It was not a great start to my trip. I was almost in tears already in baggage claim...I was thinking wtf was I thinking?! It's getting better as the day goes on though. It's 11am now and I've gotten a shower (I really should have brought shower shoes though after Dad told me all the parasites you can get through your feet) and I got a quick little nap in. I also had lots of snacks from the plane so I didn't go hungry. It had felt like I just ate dinner anyways. Hopefully the rest of the day will go a bit smoother...I'm expecting the worst but I'm hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment